Illuminating Blog AwardOn my latest Blog post, I had the beautiful surprise of being nominated for the Illuminating Blogger Award by Miss Rambler from The Risible Rambler. This lady loves writing and she does it so well!! There is a wide variety of posts on her Blog that very often bring a smile to your face and to your heart.
The Illuminating Blogger Award is given “for illuminating, informative blog content” (according to their site).
Now, the rules of receiving the blogging award are the fllowing:
1. The nominee should visit the award site (http://foodstoriesblog.com/illuminating-blogger-award/) and leave a comment indicating that they have been nominated and by whom. (This step is so important because it’s the only way that we can create a blogroll of award winners).
2. The Nominee should thank the person that nominated them by posting & including a link to their blog.
3. Share one random thing about yourself in your blog post.
4. Select at least five other bloggers that you enjoy reading their illuminating, informative posts and nominate them for the award.
5. Notify your nominees by leaving a comment on their blog, including a link to the award site (http://foodstoriesblog.com/illuminating-blogger-award/).
I had many ideas of things I would want to mention in this post but then I decided that I would take the opportunity to tell you about the influence a particular song has had on my life.
As a child, I didn’t have a single word of English yet, nothing at all, but I used to talk in French to my virtual friend that I created in my mind, and I used to ask her to keep me company and help me to cry. I also used to say (without understanding the meaning of what I was saying) “Can’t they hear me crying? Can’t they see I’m dying?”. Not only that, but my favorite melody was Adagio. It used to bring tears to my eyes. Many years later, I heard a song by Louise Tucker from her album Midnight Blue on the radio. The song is called Graveyard Angel. The song’s music is based on Adagio. I don’t know the lyrics now except two things she says “can’t you see I’m crying, don’t you know I’m dying”. Since that time, listening to the song Graveyard Angel takes me to another world. I searched for the full lyrics but didn’t find them. I can’t listen to the song and write down the lyrics because when the song is playing I am ABSENT, however hard I try to concentrate. If anyone of you know this song, or if anyone of you can get the lyrics for me. I would be so grateful.
I have now to nominate 5 Bloggers …..
- Heal Now and Forever and Anxiety Shmanxiety Blog author Jodi Aman
- Cauldrons and Cupcakes author Nicole Cody
- Gems of Delight author Lisa
- My verbally Abusive marriage author Kellie Jo Holly
- Bringing Along OCD author Tina Barbour
I have been following Roxy's Blog Adverse Universe for some time, and I love her very informative, well written posts about Eating Disorders and her path to Recovery. I had the very nice surprise to see that Roxy has very kindly nominated me for the Reader Appreciation Award, and I would like to thank her so much for that.
It’s true that I don’t suffer from an eating disorder, but I think that everyone has his own struggle, and we don’t necessarily have to live through an identical situation in order to understand one another. Love is not conditioned by our struggles in life.
Here’s what I have to do!
1. Include the award logo somewhere in your blog.
2. Answer these 10 questions, below, for fun if you want to.
3. Nominate 10 to 12 blogs you enjoy. Or you pick the number.
4. Pay the love forward: Provide your nominee’s link in your post and comment on their blog to let them know they’ve been included and invited to participate.
5. Pay the love back with gratitude and a link to the blogger(s) who nominated you.
1. What is your favorite colour?
I would instantly reply Blue, although the shade which attracts me is Black
2. What is your favorite animal?
Dogs – The two dogs I had in my life are the only ones who showed me unconditional love. They would listen to me, feel my pain and comfort me.
3. What is your favorite non-alcoholic drink?
Fresh Fruit juice, any kind except Guava
4. Do you prefer Facebook or Twitter?
I prefer Facebook because I like to have direct contact with my online friends.
5. What is your favorite pattern?
6. Do you prefer giving or getting presents?
I love both, but I certainly prefer giving presents. I like to receive ONLY when it comes from love and not because the person feels obliged to offer something on a special occasion. The gift has a great value in my heart even if it’s just a smile. About giving presents, I don’t like to do it in standard occasions. I like from time to time to just send a gift that shows my love to the person.
7. What is your favorite number?
My favorite number is 4. I don’t know why, but it has always been. I used to say I wanted 4 children and to die at 44 (which is this year). It might seem silly but I like the fact that my birthday is on the 22nd (2+2 = 4) and I’m 44. I feel that is special.
8. What is your favorite day of the week?
I really don’t have a favorite day in a week. My favorite day is the one I can spend ALONE relaxing, doing nothing except what I want to do.
9. What is your favorite flower?
I love all flowers but my favorites are jasmine and gardenia
10. What’s your passion?
My passion is connecting with people, discussing different subjects, or sitting in silence. I mainly love to help others who suffer. My dream has always been to become a therapist.
The Nominees I will mention below may choose to not participate in this award process. I’ll of course leave it up to them, but I do encourage you to check their Blogs